Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week #20 - I spy with my little eye...

Week #20 is a special week for me, because I've been working away on this project secretly for a few weeks now and I've been getting more and more excited to show it off.  Also, week #20 marks the time for me to take a little holiday from 52 weeks 52 crafts - next week while I'm away on holiday, I'll be doing a few re-cap blogs and posting auctions for a project clear-out for some of the unsold items which have yet to find homes.

But enough of that, time to get to the project.

Many months ago I came across this tutorial for a quillow and since then I've been absolutely enchanted with the idea of making small travel quilts that can be either quilt or pillow while you're on the go. It occurred to me that if I'm making a two-in-one project, why not extend the purpose even more and make a three-in-one quillow, pillow and activity.

Presenting the I-Spy Quillow:


It is the perfect combination of comfort and fun that you need for a long car journey, a summer vacation away, or even just a regular night in at home.

Cuddle up, cozy up, and see what you can spy.

The quilt is made up of 12, 14" blocks make up of smaller squares - and includes 122 different squares ranging from everything from flowers, pirate skulls, books, pasta, handprints, and more!  The back of the quilt is a comfy blue polar fleece, and the wadding is a natural cotton to help the quilt breathe.  The quilt measures roughly 42" by 56" - and folds into a 14" by 14" pillow, which is the perfect size to take on holiday or to a sleep over/night away from home.

Just lay it out.


Fold it up.


Tuck it in, and turn it out...


and Ta-Dah!


As with every week in the craft challenge, this item will be auctioned off on e-bay starting this evening - with the auction end on Sunday June 10th.

Please note that the listings below update hourly, so there may be less time to bid than there appears!

No comments:

Post a Comment